Hardscaping to go along with your current landscaping is a great way to make your yard look more interesting. If you would like to have some privacy, there are some attractive privacy fences you can choose. Water fountains also make a beautiful addition to a yard. Below are some tips on using fencing and water fountains for your hardscaping. When you are finished, your yard will look even more beautiful.
Wood fences work well to give you privacy. Some types of wood fences you may want to consider include:
- Lattice: This type of fencing looks attractive, and can go well any most types of landscaping. There are small gaps in this fence, but it still offers you plenty of privacy.
- Board on Board: Your neighbor may not mind this fence, as it is attractive on each side. The boards are generally tightly placed so there are no gaps.
- Stockade: This type of fence is jagged at the top, which not only gives you privacy, but makes it more secure. It would not be very comfortable if someone tried to climb over it.
- Convex: A convex fence is rounded at the top to make it look stylish and attractive. This style makes your fence look like a rolling wave.
The types of wood you can choose for your wood fence include birch, redwood, and cedar. You can stain the wood, if you prefer, or you can paint it. If you do plan to paint the fence, do it before you put it up. If you do not, the paint will run down into the yard.
Putting water fountains in your yard as part of your hardscaping can give you a peaceful feeling as you sit back and listen to the water flow.
The water pump itself is not seen, as it is submerged in the reservoir. The pump draws in the water into its housing, and a water propeller shoots the water out through the pump. A vinyl hose is attached to the pump that carries the water from the pump to the fountain you are using. The pump keeps recycling the water so you do not have to worry about having a large water bill.
If you are planning to add a water fountain you should be aware of the different types so you can make the right choice. Some of the types you can choose from include:
- Tower: The water in a tower water fountain cascades down a rectangular piece of stone or glass. It does not take up a lot of space, but can make a significant difference in the appeal of your yard.
- Cascading: With a cascading water fountain, water is placed in a glazed pot, and the water runs down the sides of the pot into a collection reservoir. This water pump works well in a smaller space.
- Jet: Jet fountains work well in large places, as the water is very dramatic as it spurts out of the fountain. It can easily been seen and heard at a further distance.
No matter what type of water fountain you choose, it is important that you keep the water pump clean. Over time, algae will start to build up on it. You can simply clean the pump off using a damp rag. If you do not clean it, the algae will work its way into the water, and you will see green water coming out of your fountain.
For more information, contact a professional landscaping company, like Michael's Landscape Design.